I really, really, really, really, really don’t want the weekend to be over. This is, like, kicking-and-screaming status. I am so not ready to face the week. Though if Steaz has anything to say in the matter, I am perfectly prepared…
Ah, yeah. Right. As if!
I watched this DVD today…
…with a side of air-popped popcorn. (Is it just me, or does anyone else pop corn primarily for the heavenly scent?!) I have so little patience to watch anything… I had to multi-task, of course.
That white bowl got quite a workout today. It also played host to Hugh Jass, Sr.
Let’s see… romaine, broccoli, carrots, sugar snap peas, water chestnuts, tofu, whole-grain rotini, honey dijon vinaigrette. A huge bowl of deliciousness. I do not understand how anyone can not like vegetables… (do you hear me, O brother of mine?!)
I also broke open the new jar of peanut butter today.
I really liked that it wasn’t as thick as regular peanut butter (read: the kind that contains sugar / additives)… it would be a lot easier for me to stir this in to yogurt / oatmeal / whatever, because it’s so runny. I don’t think I’d mind the crunchy bits in that case, but as a spread, I found the pieces of nuts to be a bit weird.
A new-to-me apple variety (hey, that kind of rhymes):
Pinata! It tasted very similar to a Gala, except that it was much firmer and crunchier. Which, in my opinion, makes it preferable.
This is notable because it is the second apple in a row that I managed to core properly. See how skilled I am?! :p
On my way back from Blockbuster, where I went to return the DVD, I stopped in at the public library. I need to have a very big stack of books available to me at all times, and my stash was getting a bit low. Not like I have much time for leisure reading these days, but the stores have been replenished:
You think I might have enough reading material?! I think there are over thirty books lined up here now. Hello, I am a biblio-holic. There are worse things in the world.
Stef passed me this award:
The rules are to list 8 things that make my day, and then tag 8 other bloggies.
- Waking up feeling energized; love the kind of days where I’m actually awake before I stumble into the shower!
- Taking a walk during my lunch break; I need me some vitamin D! Even if it’s yucky outside, the afternoon feels so much more cheerful if I get outside for a bit in the middle of the day.
- Finishing a crossword puzzle / sudoku without making a single mistake.
- Listening to my favorite morning radio show on my MP3 player while I walk from the gym to my office.
- Going to the gym; most of the time, I’d be a snappish zombie if I didn’t get in a morning workout!
- Having the chance to curl up with a good book and read it in its entirety in one sitting.
- Warm fuzzy socks. Even in the summer.
- All of your lovely comments! (No, I am not just saying that.)
I hate doing this, but I really don’t think there are eight bloggers who haven’t been tagged in this yet; if you haven’t been, I apologize for neglecting to pick up on it, and you can consider yourself tagged.
…And with that, this oh-so-exciting post will draw to a close.
Have as great a Monday as a Monday can be!